Family Trees

Monday 1 September 2008

Why write a blog about my family research?

Researching my family is pure fun! Nothing else!

For various reasons, my research is about 98% internet-based; the internet offers so much these days - free sites, subscription sites, image searches, forums, webhosting and emails.

What will I do with all the information?

I'll write it up, print it, give copies to the grandchildren (if I have any) and generally bore other people silly. I'll leave a copy with the family history society so that it can gather dust (the book not the family history society), then a film producer will fall over a discarded copy, read it and immediately offer me a film advance of £750,000, which will come in very handy as I've always wanted to be able to build my own carehome for me and my aged friends/family...

Why write the blog?

For me. There always seems to be something new to research that I forget what I was researching last night and go off on yet another tangent. So this is my way of reminding myself what I'm doing........what was that about wanting to build my own carehome?

If you find the blog interesting or useful, that's fine; if it's relevant you can find out more on my website, (you can contact me from there, too), otherwise - happy internetting!

Hilary