Family Trees

Sunday 9 November 2008

Isaac Belton

A few months ago I bought a copy of the will of Isaac Belton. In his Will, Isaac stated that he lived at Waen Fawr in the parish of Hope (Flintshire, North Wales) but, at the time, I was not sure of just who he was, there are several Isaac Beltons in my tree - and wills, as you may have noticed, often give details as to the health of the testator, his address if you are very lucky, but very rarely do they indicate an age or date of birth, and this was no exception.

Tonight I researched a certain George Belton, son of Isaac Belton; George married an Ann Kelly, and I was trying to match the information from the census and from other researchers with the information on our Belton family tree when I had the greatest surprise: Isaac Belton turned out to be none other than my direct ancestor, my great great great grandfather - and this is his Will!

It's nice to know that someone in the family had a bit of money to bequeath - even if it was only £13/2/6d ! (Ps, that £13.12 in new money).