Family Trees

Saturday 25 October 2008

Ann Salthouse and James Hathaway

My internet wanderings turned up a lovely surprise tonight! I had been Googling "Salthouse Didsbury" and I discovered a photograph of my great great aunt, Ann Salthouse, who was born in 1812 at Didsbury, and who lived in Ewelme, Oxfordshire, after her marriage to James Hathaway. This is a wonderful find, the earliest picture I have ever seen of any of my Salthouse relatives and the likeness is there. Ann seems to have been a very strong and indomitable character.

The photograph and some information about Ann and her family is on the Oxfordshire Family History Society website at http://faces.oxfordshirefhs.org.uk/Anne_SALTHOUSE.html. It is very generous of the family to post the photograph on the internet and share this information.